Meditation Day 7

 I committed heavily to keto yesterday.  I made two weeks of menus and filled the fridge.  Then I saw a video by Meredith Shirk which included testimonials from women like me.  I paid the 29.00 for the ebooks to get the meal plan.  The foods look totally doable, the biggest issue will be getting Alan on board with me having a modified plan to what he is eating.  He explained yesterday that he was not a fan of "starving yourself" after working out.  I completely agree wth him!  However, Meredith shared her opinion (that I have also seen from others recently) that aggressive workout and cardio programs caused more problems for women like me (post menopause, over 50, super achievers) because of the cortisol impact.

I have to say that I believe them.  This past week, I've been carrying the burden of cash flow concerns for the company.  At this age, so many of us have responsibilities that consume our thoughts.  People say "let go", but for me I need the opposite in order to reduce stress and cortisol.  I need to feel strong and empowered like I did at Unleash the Power Within.  I told Alan back then if I could just bottle energy and take it with me every day, it would change everything for me.  By everything I mean my accomplishments.   Every day, I wake with a list of goals that I am convinced will make the world a better place for those I love and serve.  But who serves the servants?  

Self care for me then is meditating on my beliefs and bible verses that set me back to center.  This is why I am goign to change the meditation that I've been listening to.  The one in the past several days has a big conflict that I cannot now get around:

 The path to get where I am going includes a swamp where I may have set backs.  I can't accept that.  It may be true, but I don't need to program my brain to look for those.  I have spent a lifetime becoming skilled at handling them.

Yesterday, when I was listening to that meditation, I found myself very frustrated during that part of the session.  I wanted to focus on having the courage and creativity to keep going no matter what.  I think we should use positive imagery to "place an order" of the life we want to have, rather than visualize the challenges.

I'm switching to this meditation for my morning meditation.




One last note for today.  I started using Vital Proteins collagen about a week ago.  My face looks better than it has in a long time.  I am not sure if it is the collagen or all of the extra water I've been drinking (probably the water).  I am thrilled with the appearance of my skin.  My smile creases are much less noticeable.

Also, even though I believed I complied with my keto plan yesterday, I saw no ketones on the stick this morning.  My weight is down 1.6 lbs from yesterday's weigh in.  I knew that it was going to happen at some point soon.

Comments