Better in Boise

What a year 2020 has been.  

What an understatement!

Yesterday, I received news that a good friend's daughter suddenly died.  We believe it was from COVID but do not have the details.  While my friend herself is languishing under heavy sedation, on a ventilator, due to COVID, her daughter passed and she does not know.  I pray for her health and full recovery.  Her boys need her now more than ever.

This nation, this world is afraid.  We need to find our faith again and treat each other with love and patience.  The generation we would have counted on to be peace makers has become threatening and angry.  Dear God, please bring peace to our nation.  

This is why I am meditating on Psalm 112 today and listening to Hillsong's Oceans.  "Keep my eyes above the waves.  My soul will rest in Your embrace."

Our move to Boise was what our souls needed.  Our lifestyle here is more in keeping with the daily activities we seek.  The weather is easier to tolerate even though we are farther north.  The drier climate makes it easier to be outside.

We joined Axiom Fitness upon our return to Boise from our Thanksgiving trip to Oklahoma.  I signed up to work with a trainer.  I'm struggling with the meal plan that Carol gave me, though.  I'm finding the fat percentage too low and the carb percentage too high to obtain.

My darling children, you make me so proud, I want to make you proud, too.

Carol has me doing weight training 3 days a week.  I was so sore for 3 days that sitting down was very difficult.  I worked through the pain yesterday and today I am better.

I'm committed to 30 minutes a day of cardio or yoga as well.  She believes if I can stay on the plan I'll be able to achieve my goals in a year.  Of course no one wants to hear, "you'll take it off at the same pace you put it on."  The effort doesn't seem to be the same proportion.

Here's my plan:


Today I am going to try something new. Instead of giant promises and broad brush guarantees, I am committing only to doing my very best today.  I will make you proud today.

You're always on my mind and in my heart, mes enfants.

Be brilliant today as you always are.  Be patient and kind to others.  They may not have the same gifts and support that you do.

More tomorrow.

Comments